Key Peninsula News items are produced by the KP Partnership with input from numerous other local organizations
Tomorrow, Nov. 10th, Peninsula Hands-on Art will be holding their 14th Annual Family Movie Day at Galaxy Theatres. Movies start at 9:00 am and 9:30 am, doors open at 8:30 am (first come, first serve)
The KP Civic Center will be hosting its annual Winter Warm-up Holiday Arts and Crafts Fair this Saturday, Nov. 11th, from 9:00 to 3:00 pm. Lots of fun things to see and do – free.
Peninsula HS Theatre Group is presenting “Almost, Maine” starting tonight with more performances over the next few weeks. For tickets, go to: https://a.purplepass.com/…/267906-almost%2C-maine-nov…
Senator Emily Randall will be hosting a coffee hour in Gig Harbor at Swift Water ES next Tuesday, Nov. 14th from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.
KP Business & Organization Info
The KP Emergency Response Group is holding a free Personal Self Defense Class on Thursday, Nov. 16th at 7:00 pm at the KP Civic Center. For more information, write to: email@example.com
The KP Holiday Shuttle (see reminder below) Official Launch will be Friday, Nov. 17th at 11:30 am across from El Sombrero. Come see Santa and celebrate a transportation option for the holidays.
The KP Business Association monthly luncheon will be Friday Nov. 17th at noon at El Sombrero. Heather Moss from Pierce County will be the speaker.
The KeyPen it Clean group will be doing another clean-up on Saturday, Nov. 18th at 10:00 am. Meet at the KP Lutheran Church. For more information, go to: https://fb.me/e/1jAuvTV6D
Purdy Costless Pharmacy will be holding a Customer Appreciation Open House on Sunday, Nov. 26th, from 4:00 to 8:00 pm. To find out more, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/1484504012396065?ref=newsfeed
To be aware of:
This year, the Key Pen Fire Dept and Santa need to change the Santa Sleigh Runs. Instead of driving through neighborhoods, Santa and his sleigh will be at specific spots for 2 hours at a time, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm (except for Sunday, Dec 3rd, where the times are different to match with the tree lighting and Get Lit parade). Here at locations and dates: Saturday Dec 2nd – Minter Creek ES, Sunday Dec 3rd – Key Center (3:00pm start), Saturday Dec 9th – Vaughn ES, Sunday Dec 10th – Evergreen ES, Friday Dec 15th – Vaughn Civic Center, Saturday Dec 16th – Lake Katherine Shopping Center
There will be a class here on the KP for those needing Adult/Child CPR and 1st Aid, class time is to be determined. The cost is $45. To find out more or sign-up contact Lori Mertens at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a Pierce County – WorkSource Job Fair/Open House at the KP Community Office in the Key Center Corral on Thursday, Nov. 30th from 10:00 to 2:00.
There will be a Holiday Shuttle running between Key Peninsula and parts of Gig Harbor starting Nov. 25th and going through Dec. 24th. To see schedule and find out more, go to: www.piercecountywa.gov/kpdrives
There will be a teen Mental Health First Aid Winter Summit on Nov. 29th from 3:00 to 6:00 pm at the Pioneer Park Pavilion in Puyallup. To find out more, contact: Courtney Chandler(email@example.com) or Alli Toren(Atoren@tpchd.org). To register (by Nov 22nd), go to: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx…
Grants are available for rural farms and businesses to help with energy efficient upgrades. To find our more or see if you’re farm/business is eligible, go to: https://sparknorthwest.org/…/rural-energy-intake-form/
- Can you tell us about the Holiday Shuttle that is happening?
- Absolutely – The Holiday Shuttle is part of an on-going effort by the county and organizations such as ours to bring affordable, reliable, and practical public transportation back to the Key Peninsula.
- It will run between Thanksgiving and Christmas between the KP and Gig Harbor.
- To find an up-to-date schedule and more information, go to: https://www.piercecountywa.gov/…/Key-Peninsula-Holiday…
- Is this shuttle just to help out shoppers and stores?
- It is to help people on the KP who want to shop and would rather not, or can not, drive themselves.
- BUT – it is also to gather data about where we need to concentrate transportation efforts.
- For the last few years, our organization has been studying the effective ways to provide practical transportation options to rural areas, including a large survey this last summer.
- We know that the Key Peninsula needs something beyond a bus that goes up and down the KP Hwy.
- We know that part of the solution will be what is called “on-demand” service.
- We need more information on where people need to go, where they need to go from, and who might use the service. The Holiday Shuttle is a way to gather some of that information.
- Will using the Holiday Shuttle help us get more transportation resources here on the KP?
- Yes – numbers matter and use matters, so if we can show people can and will use transportation options, that helps us get resources to create a more sustainable and workable system here.